Tuesday, October 25, 2011

An upgrade kit was added to my Triumph, how many miles till I change the oil?

I have a 2003 Triumph Bonneville, it has about 22,000 miles on it but that doesn't matter, I installed a Wiseco upgrade kit in it, 800 to 900 ccs. It has a new piston and a new sleeve in the cylinder. I've run it one or two hundred miles. Okay, this is just my thinking, I thought I'd run it a while, a %26quot;break-in%26quot; period using the oil that was in it and then put in a fresh filter and load of synthetic oil. I don't know if people do this anymore. My thought was the oil would pick up any contaminants or pieces of metal, and then would be flushed out with a new oil change. Considering that I've decided to do this already, how many miles would you run it before the new change, 100, 200, 1000 miles, more? thanksAn upgrade kit was added to my Triumph, how many miles till I change the oil?I'd do 500 making sure I didn't lug the engine at all during break in. I'm just wondering if you are running synthetic now. I've heard tell that synth makes bedding of the new rings a problem. I've also heard that switching from dyno oil, if that's what you are using, to synth can deprive seals of certain swelling agents that may cause them to weep a bit. YMMV! Your plan otherwise seems sound.An upgrade kit was added to my Triumph, how many miles till I change the oil?500 miles or less good

No comments:

Post a Comment